Your first visit to Greater Columbus Oral Surgery & Dental Implants is a very important one. In addition to meeting our friendly and knowledgeable team, you will meet Dr. Smith or Dr. Stern, who will work with you to create a customized treatment plan to meet your personal oral health needs. This first visit, also known as a consultation, will allow the doctor to personally evaluate your condition, review your medical history, and listen to your concerns and goals about your oral health.
Please arrive early to your first appointment to allow for the extra time necessary to complete check-in and any additional paperwork you may be asked to fill out.
To make the most of your appointment, you should bring the following with you:
- Referral slip from your general dentist or other referring specialist
- X-rays and 3D scans, if applicable
- List of current medications (heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
- Medical and/or dental insurance cards
- Driver’s license or other valid form of identification
- Form of payment (cash, check, credit card – see our Financial & Insurance Policy page for more information)
At Greater Columbus Oral Surgery & Dental Implants, we request that any minor patient under the age of 18 years be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Your safety is important to us. Some medical conditions may be of concern prior to surgery. Please let us know if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatic fever, artificial valves and joints, and/or other significant medical conditions.
If you have any questions about your first appointment, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Smith or Dr. Stern, please give us a call. We look forward to meeting you.